Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kissed Blog Tour ~ Review, Fav Quotes

Welcome to my stop on this blog tour for Kissed!


Kissed (The Thorn Chronicles)

Trapped in a dark cult, sixteen-year-old Naomi Aren has lived a quiet, albeit unhappy, life nestled deep in the hills of the Ozarks. With uncut hair, denim skirts, and only roses for friends, Naomi seldom questions why her life is different from other kids at school. Until the day her abusive father, who is also the cult’s leader, announces her wedding. Naomi must marry Dwayne Yerdin, a bully who reeks of sweat and manure and is the only one person who scares her worse than her father.
Then she meets Kai, the mysterious boy who brings her exotic new roses and stolen midnight kisses. Kisses that bring her a supernatural strength she never knew she had. As the big day approaches, Naomi unearths more secrets of about her father’s cult. She learns she has power of her own and while Kai may have awakened that power, Naomi must find a way to use it to escape Dwayne and her father—without destroying herself.


Amazon

 My Thoughts:

The only problem I had was slight repetition and the mystery/dream/fantasy guy idea in the very beginning; it was a bit over done, in my opinion, but don't let this make you weary. Kissed was it's own unique fantasy.

The start was the hook tons of stories lack. A mixture of of information that entices curiosity while feeding my interest. Also had a way of moving me deeper into the book without coming off s forced reading. It was a simple but powerful opening.

Just as simple (well, maybe that can't be used to describe her now cx) and powerful as Naomi. My Lorsha, what a character she was!

I think I'll bring dead roses. And revel in their stench.

And Dwayne. He was. Ew.

A naive, young girl forced to live a lifestyle of horrors. Such a terrible cult; binding, manipulative--every negative word in the book. Fortunately, Naomi wasn't turned into some horrible person.

Faith Friendship, Best Friend, Friend for Life, and Forever Friends. Ruth though would always be my first.

But they are worth the pain, for from pain comes beauty.

Just frightened and obedient. Still, she questioned the lifestyle. Before she knew it, she was whisked away to a newfound aunt.

Give me one week. Then I'll take you away from this hell. I promise. Kai.

He removed my scars.

It was amazing to see Naomi gradually become accustomed to a new life. Through her I read of a girl who who changed from naive and obedient to strong, fierce and just a tiny twinge of naive (we all have it!)

"We need to keep you talking. I think there's more to Naomi than we know."

I do feel that not every character was given their proper spotlight. Their time to shine to the readers. Thank goodness this is going to be a series!

"'Did you?'...He grinned and nodded. 'Told you I was bored.'"

Now for the best part of all: the fantastical element or paranormal. Whichever way you prefer. The element was refreshing, old combined with new leading to a captivating storyline.

Not every question was answered. Not every answer made sense to the learner (Naomi, me, etc.). It feels frustrating, but you just don't stop reading. You must know. You must know. You must know owo .

To sum it up: the crazy rollercoaster of countless things never stopped. Awesome

My Rating: 4

For some reason though, they didn't evoke feelings of love and passion for me. I see anger.

But no surprises are colored in betrayal

"'Sure thing. I told you I wore this skanky outfit for a reason.'"That one was too funny cxcx

About the Author
Kimberly Loth can’t decide where she wants to settle down. She’s livved in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Utah, California, Oregon, and South Carolina. She finally decided to make the leap and leave the U.S. behind for a few years. Currently, she lives in Cairo, Egypt with her husband and two kids.
She is a high school math teacher by day (please don’t hold that against her) and YA author by night. She loves romantic movies, chocolate, roses, and crazy adventures. Kissed is her first novel.


 Check her out!


*Written up on August 13th; published on August 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment